CRC Errors while extracting...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Element

Baseband Member
Hey guys,

Ive just started getting a problem where i cant extract multiple archives without it giving a CRC error. I have read up on the problem and found that if you check the box that says "Keep broken files" it works, so i tried it, and it worked... to a degree. Now i can extract them get lots of errors but the file, lets say its a video file, will skip and go crazy at some points.

My worry is this could be a RAM issue or a HDD issue, and if it is i will need to get it sorted quickly, before my warranty runs out if it hasnt already :(

If anyone has any idea what the problem could be caused by, or knows a solution then i am open to any suggestions. Im rather desperate :eek:

BTW: I pressed that funny looking search button up there and someone else had a similar problem, but it got as far as people shouting "ZOMG ILLEGALZ?!?!/1/1eleven" - This isn't illegal and if you need to know, the files are large-ish video files of recorded game footage on rapidshare uploaded for me to download and edit. Nothing illegal here.

I have tried to use 7-zip also but to no avail. :(

Is it just these particular files or all split archives? Maybe try creating something locally and extracting it to test this.

Nope i have tested it on other files and i still get the same problem. I havnt tried creating something myself though, will give it a go.

Thanks for the reply mate.

EDIT: May have just found the problem, my download manager. Seems to not be a problem if i just download straight from my browser. I will give it some more tries tomorrow, sorry for wasting your time :eek:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom