*CRASH* Cant use Recovery, cmd or Last known good config

Status
Not open for further replies.

joshuas

Beta member
My desktop computer dell, xp w/ sp2 crashed about a week ago comin out of hibernation. I cannot boot at all whether thru install cd, safe mode nothing works. my BSoD says
page fault in non paged area
***stop: 0x00000050 (0x992ca2e0,0x00000001,0x809904f2,0x00000000)

I have tried f8 & tried any option to boot & it always kicks this message:

windows could not start because the following is missing or corrupt:
\windows\system32\config\system.

I tryed repairing with install cd & it puts me to the BSoD everyhting else ends up with a black screen and the above message. I dont have ASR disks (dumb on my part) and Ive googled the heck out of it and have found nothing that my computer will allow me to do... is it time to slave my HDD & try and get my files off of it, get a new HDD and start over?

That hdd may be still good. That stop error is:

MSN said:
This problem may occur if there is a conflict between Windows XP SP1 and the display adapter drivers that are currently installed.

Can you set Windows to an earlier date?

K so I diag'd the HDD it is good I tried to go back and cant every option ends in what I stated before, every option...

First Link
Second Link
Third Link

First 2 are right above this topic and have some great advice. Such as:

STOP 0x00000050 or PAGE_FAULT_IN_NONPAGED_AREA

A hardware driver or system service requested data that was not in memory, causing an exception error. The cause may be defective physical memory or incompatible software, especially remote control and antivirus programs. If the error occurs immediately after installing a device driver or application, try to use Safe Mode to remove the driver or uninstall the program.

Third link is directly from Microsoft and is contained within the First Link.

Cause

Bug check 0x50 usually occurs after the installation of faulty hardware or in the event of failure of installed hardware (usually related to defective RAM, be it main memory, L2 RAM cache, or video RAM).
Another common cause is the installation of a faulty system service.
Antivirus software can also trigger this error, as can a corrupted NTFS volume.
Resolution

Resolving a faulty hardware problem: If hardware has been added to the system recently, remove it to see if the error recurs. If existing hardware has failed, remove or replace the faulty component. You should run hardware diagnostics supplied by the system manufacturer. For details on these procedures, see the owner's manual for your computer.
Resolving a faulty system service problem: Disable the service and confirm that this resolves the error. If so, contact the manufacturer of the system service about a possible update. If the error occurs during system startup, restart your computer, and press F8 at the character-mode menu that displays the operating system choices. At the resulting Windows Advanced Options menu, choose the Last Known Good Configuration option. This option is most effective when only one driver or service is added at a time.
Resolving an antivirus software problem: Disable the program and confirm that this resolves the error. If it does, contact the manufacturer of the program about a possible update.
Resolving a corrupted NTFS volume problem: Run Chkdsk /f /r to detect and repair disk errors. You must restart the system before the disk scan begins on a system partition. If the hard disk is SCSI, check for problems between the SCSI controller and the disk.
Finally, check the System Log in Event Viewer for additional error messages that might help pinpoint the device or driver that is causing the error. Disabling memory caching of the BIOS might also resolve it.

Since it is a Dell and it is XP, you will have to perform a repair install.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom