cpu usage skips from 0% to 34% every 2 seconds!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Is there anything else you can't access, like the Registry? I've seen viruses blocking the user from accessing things like that. It's a complete shot in the dark, though. Still, it couldn't hurt to run your antivirus software.

sorry. forgot it was 2000. 2000 doesnt have msconfig like 98 and XP i would suggest just doing a clean install of the OS its not worth the trouble.

jcortes said:
sorry. forgot it was 2000. 2000 doesnt have msconfig like 98 and XP i would suggest just doing a clean install of the OS its not worth the trouble.

I'll have to keep that in mind. 98 and XP are the two operating systems I have the most experience with, so I just assumed 2000 would be similar to those. I guess I assumed wrong, haha.

Those specs should be perfectly adequate to run win2k, I run XP on my parents comp Which is a pentium 3 700Mhz with 256mb ram and also my my ex-gfs computer which uses a AMD K6 500mhz and 256 ram. Properly configured XP will run smooth on those specs.

I believe a clean install is the order of the day, if thats not an option then you could have some troubleshooting ahead :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom