Cpu usage over 70%

Status
Not open for further replies.

bwkrazyness

Baseband Member
Ok this is the deal, i have a compaq presario SR1834NX, with a 2.2ghz AMD 64 Athlon 3500+ processor, and a gig of ram. my cpu usage is allways above 70%.When i first got it it ran extreamlly fast, and now it is not even able to run the simplest programs, it cant even play a dvd. i have Avast anti virus, Ad aware SE Personal, spybot search and destroy, and avg anti spyware. it cant find one virus. the other day I brought it to a guy. he said he fixed it and its running great. but it came back. it wasn,t even connected to the internet. Iv'e gone through Warez list. and still nothing. PLEASE HELP ME.

ok something doesnt add up. your system idle process is 79%, that is how much IS NOT being used. but then cpu usage is at 77%, correct me if im wrong but that is more than 100% (sarcasm). i think what we have here is a windows error. get your windows install cd and boot with it. chose Repair Windows Installation, Do Not do a new install if you want to keep all of your stuff. run the repair install and see if that helps. what might have happened is either i virus that you had but got cleaned off did some damage to core files first or windows is hemorrhaging its files for some reason.

I dont think its the operating system. cause i had windows xp pro. it messed up and i got a new copy of Xp pro installed. and its still there.

maybe you can do a memory test. also check out your harddrive is diskmgmt.msc to see if its reporting any errors

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom