CPU Usage Fluctuations

Status
Not open for further replies.

Vanguard21

Beta member
Running XP here.
I recently downloaded Motherboard Monitor 5.0, a program that reads temperature outputs for mobos. It turns out that it does not support my Dimension 8250(but did support 8200) and it's site is no longer supported or updated. There was a driver that was installed, but I am not sure to where.
Following the deletion of the software, I have been experiencing CPU Usage fluctuations. It would go from 0% to 90% in one second intervals and would decriment on the high end up and down(essentially forming a bell curve). I restarted and it has sense lowered(now goes from 0% to about 30%).
I haven't really experienced any system slow-down, it is not spyware, and it is "System" under Processes that is causing the fluctuations(it would seem services.exe is the main issue, but the percentage doesn't add up completely). I can run video and audio, but I put in a very simple game and CPU Usage shoots to 100% and the video goes all out of whack.
A short system restore was done with no effect.
How would I go about fixing this problem? Would flashing my BIOS fix it or would I need to do something else like wipe my HD?

Thank you in advance.

Reinstall XP, it's the simpliest option because windows is FUBAR

Assuming it's not spyware or viruss

It isn't.
If that's the case I guess I'd better just go ahead and move all my files over to my other computer.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom