Cpu Experts Help Plz

Status
Not open for further replies.

MAD

Beta member
Guys I do have p4 2.8 ghz and 512 mb ram the problem is that the pc after formatting started to hang after a little work that should'nt be even counted like " opening folder and pressing start button" !!!

I realized after I opened the taskbar manager that the cpu is running on 100% percent after every comman and for a perieod of time !!!

it hasn't been over 8 months befor I bought the CPU??

What do u think???

Look under ‘Processes’ in the Task manager, it will show you which process is using the CPU, Post result here and we can try to help.

(p.s. not a CPU expert I am afraid)

1. Use Spybot or hijack this to remove adwares and spywares.
2. Uninstall all the trash U don't need.
3. Run Disk cleanup
4. Defrag ur Hard disk.
5. Type services.msc in RUN dialog box to stop all the unwanted services.
6. Type msconfig in RUN dialog box to stop any unwanted programs from loading at startup.
7. Do a complete virus scan.
8. Tweak ur system by using Tuneup Utilities(Trail version is sufficient).
If the above steps donot work, QUICK Format and reinstall ur OS.:D

thanks guys for the help but I don't thinks that anykind of virues sneaked in because before formatting I didn't face anyproblem and after the installation directly I faced this problem

It's really kind a weird

did u install the microsoft critical updates..... if not then install em asap.... also tell the processors temperature

hanging is mostly due to Processor heatup or stuff and this might also be ur harddrive run complete scandisk it might have some badsectors..

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom