couple of questions

Status
Not open for further replies.

Monkey

In Runtime
1. I have a dual boost system ( win 95/ XP) I would like to get rid of win 95 but I do not have the disc for it.
2. For some reason unknown to me one of my hard drive partitions is fat32 instead of NTSF.. how can I fix this and what repercussions will it have on everything that is store don it now.

The FAT32 would be used by Win95 since that cant use NTFS. So you would have to format that drive from Windows XP and then when you format make sure that you use the NTFS file system.

Why would not having the disc for 95 matter? If you are getting rid of it you shouldnt need the disc.

If he was thinking of a boot time format the Windows XP CD can do it. can also use GParted Live CD or go to Bootdisk.com and get a set of Windows XP boot floppies to format with.

If he was thinking of a boot time format the Windows XP CD can do it. can also use GParted Live CD or go to Bootdisk.com and get a set of Windows XP boot floppies to format with.

that's too much effort when he can just right click the drive. he can accidentally delete the xp partition this way

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom