Counter-strike On Xp?

Status
Not open for further replies.

paul_kerslake

Baseband Member
Hey will counter-strike (the original) work on a new comp with windows XP??

and do u think a 2.6 ghz with 400mhz front side bus, 256 mb shared ddr at 333mhz, 40gb ultra ATA/100 7200 rpm hard drive, windows xp, integrated intel 3D extreme graphics card, 17 inch e773 monitor, 48x cd/rw drive... is good for 700 dollars canadian which is what like 450 american is a good deal???

I play the original counter-strike on XP home addition. I seems to be running fine, no problems yet. I can't remeber if it was the orginal version of counter-strike or not, but one of the version prompted me when I first loaded it onto my computer...suggesting that I update the version of the game from 1.0 to 1.01 or something like that.

As far as the computer goes. Sounds like an okay deal to me but, personally I'd be weary of system that has an integrated graphics card. If it has an AGP slot for an after market video card that might be okay. But, if not you can't upgrade your card and you might be limited yourself to what games you can play.

Plus, when you play games on a machine with integrated graphics the card uses your system memory which is why they call it shared memory; game play can get kinda slow or choppy when the graphics card renders complex graphics (like explosions).

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom