Could some one walk me through ghost

Status
Not open for further replies.

AND_YOU_ARE

Fully Optimized
Here is what I would like to do:

I would like to use norton ghost to copy my primary drive to a new drive which I would like to function as the primarty drive with the os and programs. I dont want to go through installing everything on the new hard drive.

I am not sure how to do this. I would appreciate some one to help me through this.

Thanks.

EDIT:

I have gone through their tutorials, and none of them do what I would like to do.

use partition to partition clone mode to your new drive's partition. than use a windows millenium startup disk or any other partition utility and set the primary partition on your new hard disk to active. on each physical hard disk there can be a maximum of 1 active partition set, so now you would have 2 total active partitions (one on each physical disk). if the new drive is to be the slave than you need to set BIOS boot priority to boot from the slave, example HDD2 (means primary IDE device on secondary IDE controller )

Alright, I would like to make the new drive the system boot one, and after that is set up erase the current one and use it for storage. Can ghost make a bootable disk? I am using xp pro.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom