could not find domain

Status
Not open for further replies.

selina

In Runtime
I got an error "Windows cannot connect to the domain, either becasue domain the domain controller is down or otherwise unavailble, or because your computer account was not found. Pleae try again later. If this message continues to appear, contact your network administrator for assitance." when i tried to log on to one of the domain computer using domain user/admin account.

I fix this by:
delete the computer accound in AD, log onto the PC locally. Switch it out of domain and reboot.
Log on locally, switch it to domain and reboot.
In AD, add the computer account again.
Log on to the PC with domain account.

THis worked great for me.

I got this from http://www.pcreview.co.uk/forums/thread-215071.php

what I do is delete the ssid's and join it to a workgroup, reboot, then rejoin to the doman, works for me ;)

Hmm...I think you gave me some ideas. I couldn't get my 2000 pro machine to join the domain using Window server 2003. I might try those steps. Weird how the XP Pro machine can do it with no problem.

You may experience an DNS problem, probably haven't been updated yet. I think the gpupdate /force would probably fix your problem. But I doubt it.

for a workstation, you will receive the same error if there is a network connectivity issue. check cables & lights, logon locally and try to ping the dc.

right click my computer. click manage, go to groups, admins and you will see a string of number/letters, just delete them.

it's supposed to be but we are getting the same error message when we try to logon as a domain admin.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom