Could not create the java virtual machine

Status
Not open for further replies.

madcat75

In Runtime
I get this error at random times during the day for no reason at all - I didn't install anything different other than winamp and it's been going on for 3 days. What's the deal here? Also running windows 7 64 bit.

Have you tried uninstalling all the java updates and just downloading the latest update, see if that solves the problem? You can also try downloading JavaRa, it may help get rid of previous installations and clean up the Java updates. Keep us posted with any results.

you can also disable the java app on startup too, in msconfig. I see it often with computers I repair personally for some ppl.

Okay well I spent an hour or so scanning for malicious stuff, I did come across some high level threats (I swear to god I don't go to shady sites, I'm not that kind of idiot). Anyways those are cleaned up, did the scan in safe mode with Microsoft Security Essentials. Gonna wait a while to see if I get anymore of the same pop-up. Funny thing is, it goes away by itself if I move the mouse. Anyways if that doesnt work I'll try disabling java in startup and install javaRA.

JavaRa does not need to be installed, it's just an application that will help you get rid of obsolete java files and help clear up the mess. Sometimes not all uninstalls and not all are needed. If you want to be checked for the malware and stuff, you can make a post in the spyware section with a HijackThis log and a Malwarebytes log. Highly doubt it's malware though, seen this error before and most times it's just a faulty update or something of the sort.

Will do and will probably report back later tonight or tomorrow.

Edit: It's been about 2 and 1/2 hours and no error, didn't have to un-install java yet, but we'll see.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom