Could this be attributed to my external HD?

Status
Not open for further replies.

rkf76

My Swag is on!
I've been running Vista Home Premium on my rig for about 14 months with no issues as far as navigating in and around the system.

The Saturday after BF I bought a 500gb Western Digital My Book Office Edition external HD for $48.25, got it home and installed it, everything is fine.

But since then I've noticed that every now and then when I go to open "My Computer" or even when I attempt to unrar a file and the box comes up asking me where I want to save the unrar'd file, it'll take a few seconds for the icons to show up and while that's happening the open window is frozen as far as me being able to click on anything.

Here's a decent example of what i'm talking about

See how the icon for "My Book" isn't there? That's how it is when this happens, only none of the icons are there for a few seconds.

Think the external has anything to do with that? Anybody experience this before and if so, how did you fix it?

It could be related i suppose, but i doubt it could affect it much
Try defregging your Hard Drives, and any other programs that you have for speeding up your pc

It could be related i suppose, but i doubt it could affect it much
Try defregging your Hard Drives, and any other programs that you have for speeding up your pc
Well, I guess I could defrag tonight since I never have and it's been 14 months:eek:

I'll post back with the results

I don't recommend buying usb hard drive. get the NAS or firewire one. usb kills hdds

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom