Corrupted DX9C

Status
Not open for further replies.

Diabetic

Daemon Poster
Ok folks, i recently realised my DX9c is corrupted and is resulting in lower than normal performance in DX9 compliant games. Getting much lower fps than i should in Everquest 2. So, thing is whenever i try to reinstall DX9 it says 'the components are already installed and ready to use' and there is nothing i can do to get it to install 'over' my previous installation. I've even tried installing DX9b to see if i can 'roll' back. Any suggestions on how i can install DX9c over the current installation?

I see no reference to DX9 on the first link however i'm trying some of the suggestions to see if it will help me problem.

/shrugs

Well, if you follow the thread from the other forum, you will see those steps helped correct the same issue you have.

they don't have the exact same problem as me. the exact message i get when trying to reinstall DX9 is this:

"The components installed are ready to be used"

I tried Solution 3 (and 1 and 2) yet none of them have helped :(

It's very difficult to successfully remove DirectX. Most often, I've found the only solution is to nuke the box and start over.

Did anything turn up in the MS site's search?

i really can't afford to reformat but for recreational reasons (gaming) i need to. Ahhh, its a tricky one....

Try contacting Microsoft directly (phone or email). Explain the situation calmly (don't be a wanker). I'm sure they'll be able to help you out.

Also, there's utilities for removing DX from older version of Windows. Check for newer versions.

checked for many of the programs, lots don't work on XP or just... don't work. And also, i'm always rather civil on the phone/in person if i'm 'sound mind' (not Hypo as a communist, Diabetic <-----)

Anyways, reckon installing SP2 will help? As DX9c is packaged with SP2 so maybe it will auto reinstall it. We'll see.... also, will reinstalling SP2 bugger up and overwrite LOADs of shizzle on my PC?

Argg, this is getting complex :D

If yer not on SP2 yet, you should be. Getting support starts first with having an up-to-date machine.

I just asked that you be civil because so many people get on the phone with Microsoft and start blessing them out and waving the Linux flag, and then get PO'd when MS hangs up on them. I would hang up on them too.

I doubt upgrading to SP2 will sort out this problem, though, since it most likely will just see that you have the latest version of DX9c and leave it alone. However, it's always worth a short. The upgrade may re-register all its components, which may sort things out.

BTW, how do you know it's corrupt?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom