Corrupt Windows Update

Status
Not open for further replies.

zoogly

Beta member
Ok, maybe you can help me with this, I've been having lots of trouble.

Two days ago I got that corrupted windows update that defected computers with service pack one. It blasted some dll's it wasn't suppose to. My issue hasn't been the same as any other issues on forums.

When I started my computer it would say it couldn't find shlwapi.dll aand tehn it says it couldn't load msgina.dll. So later, I used my recovery disk to get to a command prompt. I copied the msgina.dll and shlwapi.dll from the cd into my comp (c:\windows\system32\). When I started back up, it worked, but it said shdocvw.dll was missing and exploror.exe didn't start. So once again I copied the shdocvw.dll from my disk into my computer. Now my computer starts fine but I can't start any internet browsers. It said it couldn't find urlmon.dll. So then I copied that dll from my recovery disk. Now windows starts fine, but when I visit a webpage, it downloads the html of the webpage instead of opening it. Sometimes the download dialog will just keep flashing on and off but the page won't load. All my instant messaging programs work so it's not my internet connection. I already tried registering urlmon.dll with regsvr32.exe. I'm not even sure if urlmon.dll is the problem, because I copied it from the disk!

I am going to try expanding a new shell32.dll and winlogon.exe becuase that's what I was suppose to do origonally but I didn't.

If you have any help or know of any help somewhere PLEASE TELL ME!!!!! None of my data was destroyed but I can't browse the internet. I can't find anything about it anywhere.

try a repair installation, if that doesn't work try downloading these dll files, then temporarily move your HDD to the PC you're using and replace these files

hmm.. don't wait till next month- just check ebay, theres always someone selling a mandrake 9.x distro dirt cheap!;)

I've been hearing a lot of people saying that the SuSE distro of linux is becoming more popular, is it just cheaper or is it better?

zoogly said:
Ok, maybe you can help me with this, I've been having lots of trouble.

Two days ago I got that corrupted windows update that defected computers with service pack one. It blasted some dll's it wasn't suppose to. My issue hasn't been the same as any other issues on forums.

When I started my computer it would say it couldn't find shlwapi.dll aand tehn it says it couldn't load msgina.dll. So later, I used my recovery disk to get to a command prompt. I copied the msgina.dll and shlwapi.dll from the cd into my comp (c:\windows\system32\). When I started back up, it worked, but it said shdocvw.dll was missing and exploror.exe didn't start. So once again I copied the shdocvw.dll from my disk into my computer. Now my computer starts fine but I can't start any internet browsers. It said it couldn't find urlmon.dll. So then I copied that dll from my recovery disk. Now windows starts fine, but when I visit a webpage, it downloads the html of the webpage instead of opening it. Sometimes the download dialog will just keep flashing on and off but the page won't load. All my instant messaging programs work so it's not my internet connection. I already tried registering urlmon.dll with regsvr32.exe. I'm not even sure if urlmon.dll is the problem, because I copied it from the disk!

I am going to try expanding a new shell32.dll and winlogon.exe becuase that's what I was suppose to do origonally but I didn't.

If you have any help or know of any help somewhere PLEASE TELL ME!!!!! None of my data was destroyed but I can't browse the internet. I can't find anything about it anywhere.

you could try to reinstall inet Explorer ??? could work

gordon-guru said:
I've been hearing a lot of people saying that the SuSE distro of linux is becoming more popular, is it just cheaper or is it better?

heh, not to completely get off topic here but..
it all depends on your preference, since novell bought suse, its definitely been advertised more. 9.0 is also aval. in a 64bit ver too.:)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom