Corrupt Install of 7?

Status
Not open for further replies.

overlord20

Fully Optimized
Could a corrupt install of 7 be the reason games and programs like Adobe premeire have low frame rates then freeze the entire computer? There is no way it is my hardware. Mem+86 showed 0 errors. It is a new GTX260 from EVGA (last one was bad).. everything is running cool. It happens in multi car races in Shift and Dirt. CoD4 MP ping 55 I am studdery. L4D and Unreal3 I am fine. Premiere is very laggy and will freeze everything as well. I will not reinstall 7 until I can get a retail copy because of the Massive amounts of programs i would have to reinstall. Could this be the reason (corrupt install of windows 7)?

I doubt it since its just those specific programs. Now if it happened on all programs then I would assume otherwise. :cool:

It could be your graphics card drivers. Did you re-install them?

I would agree with TheMajor. Did you REMOVE the old drivers first, then scan with Driver Sweeper and then restart to install the new drivers?

How much RAM do you have?

Also check your error log:

Click Start, and then click Control Panel. Click Performance and Maintenance, then click Administrative Tools, and then double-click Computer Management. Or, open the MMC containing the Event Viewer snap-in.
In the console tree, click Event Viewer.

Can also get the event viewer with:

Start>Run>eventvwr.msc

Much easier. ;)

EventViewerLog.png

There seems to be a lot of errors...

ErrorsEventlog.png

ErrorsEventlog2.png

Please tell me this is NOT hardware... PLEASE!

I see you added a couple pics. Yes it does seem to be hardware related. Your CD Rom in fact.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom