Corrupt file system?

Status
Not open for further replies.

canooten

In Runtime
I've got an external 2.5" drive that I back my MP3 player up to and out of the blue today I get a "file system is corrupt" error when I try to open the folder all my music is in. Can open the drive itself and browse other directories, just not the "music" folder.

I ran the Windows error checking on the disc and now the music folder isn't showing up, although disc usage is the same, so all the info is still there somewhere, just not visible.

Is there anything I can do to recover my data?

I have a feeling an update to my MP3 player software is what fouled me up, but am not sure.

You can try something like Pandora Recovery. But as Eric said External drives are extremely fragile.

I think it wound up being the Zune software that fouled it up. The newest release seems a bit buggy.

At any rate, I enabled hidden files & folders and searched through those since it was still showing the same amount of disk space used (files had to be there somewhere) and they were in a hidden folder for some reason. Managed to copy them to another drive, format the external and copy them back. I don't seem to have lost anything and the drive is fine....it's actually fairly new and doesn't get used that much. I'm chalking it up to the Zune software fouling it up. It seems to be playing nice right now though......

I have the newest Zune software. Just updated a few days ago and everything works fine for me. o.0

Anyways glad it is sorted now and working. That is all that matters. :D

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom