corrupt dll files

Status
Not open for further replies.

Taz202

Baseband Member
I just started getting a error message when I try to run Sympatico Security Manager. The message reads "App or DLL D:\WINDOWS\WinSxS\86_Microsoft/vc80.crt_1fc8b3b9a1e18e3b_8.0. 50727.762_x-ww_6b128700\MSVCP80.dll is not a valid Windows image.
I get the same message, only diff. file names at the top, when I click OK at boot up It started right after I installed some software for my son's cell phone.
I was in touch with Bell tech support for some time. The guy ran my puter remotely and tried to clear up and reinstall the files that he thought were affected. Finally he gave up and told me I would need to either take the computer back to the manufacturer or take it somewhere to have somebody fix it.
My question is, Is there anything I can do here to remedy the situation? I'm not a computer geek, but I'm not totally computer illiterate either.
Any help or advice would be greatly appreciated
Thanks

Alright did they have you try to use a Restore Point? For a time when before you installed that software? Did you try doing a Repair install of Windows XP. Assuming you are using XP.

From what i see those dll files are associated with Visual Studio 2005. Maybe try to remove that and reinstall it?

Sorry about leaving out these two points. It is Win XP. I did try using system restore, both before talking to support and just now. I even went back way past the point I started having this issue. I still get the same message.

Alright. Can you check your Add/Remove Program list in the Control Panel. See if Visual Studio 2005 is listed.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom