Copy Internet History

Status
Not open for further replies.

TroubledParent

Solid State Member
Guys:

Is there a way to copy ONLY the history of websites visited (including the web pages visited through the link) JUST THE WAY you see it when we go to "View/Explorer bar/History", apart from doing a screen print. That is absolutely cumbersome when you have to clcik on each link to open the web pages viewed under each link. Any help is appreciated.

Please note that I have tried copying the contents of the folder stored in the following path "Internet Explorer/Tools/Internet Options/BrowsingHistory/Settings/View files" but there are tons and tons of cookies which makes the folder massive and unable to dump into a folder. It just times out saying "Can't read from source or disk".

PLEASE HELP!

Even copying those files isnt gong to prevent anything. As i have stated before your daughter will learn. If you try to tell her aobut the bad thigns she is doing she will then just go to the library, university or some other place and use their computers where she cant be monitored. Then she will start to take her laptop with her. Then you wont be able to do any spying on her at all. There is no prevention.

But you asked... The folder is going ot be big. IT most likely contians the last 20 days worth of sites visited. So what you ahve to do it start there. Get the older 5 days first. If you get the error cant read from source disk it is cause the files were already deleted but not removed from the temp history. So you get the oldest 5 first. Then you go and keep getting 5. By th time you copy all the days you will be up to the current day. Either that or get a bigger flash drive which can copy the whole thing. Honestly i dont see what good this will do. You will see the sites she goes to. Get overly upset. Then try to confront her. She gets upset cause you are spying on her. She does what i stated above. Takes her laptop with her. Changes her routines to use PC's that you can not get access to. Then what? It wont stop. You will jsut force her to find other methods to get access to the net.

I am still trying to grasp how someone can destroy their life by using the internet. After using it for well over 10 years i can say that it has been nothing but a healthy tool. Prevention is much better action. Teach her to use a "handle" or a online identity that can not be traced back to her. That is what i do. This is my handle. You can google it and find out all sorts of things. About that. But you google my real name. You will find only 1 piece of info about me. Just 1. So teach her to use a online handle. Teach her not to give out her personal info. Anything else is going to totaly destroy her trust in you and your relationship.

just get pc tattletale and control her through other stuff that she has done and punished her for the net activies

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom