cooling.....

Status
Not open for further replies.

RavishingRocket

In Runtime
what are some good cooling systems for my pc? rite now im using the vantec aeroflow 5600rpm heatsink and fan on the cpu. my cpu temps stay around 112F but im obviously need them a bit cooler. any tips would help. thanks

i'm actually using the same fan you are.. (this one) and it makes enough noise to wake the dead! :mad:

anyways, when running a p4 your suppose to make sure your case is "pentium 4 compatible." are you using flat "duct tape" looking ide cables that are restricting airflow? do you have (at least) one 80mm fan pulling hot air out of the box?

i am using amd athlon xp 1900 cpu. i have a kingwin 3 window case with 5 80mm case fans. the front 2 and top fan blow air in and the 2 in the back blow air out. i do leave the side panel off exposing the cpu so maybe that would help. i probably can turn around the fan at the top so it blows out instead of in......think maybe that would help any?

if ur seriously concerned about cooling it that much, such as for overclocking, look into water cooling. That will make it run a lot cooler, even when overclocked, but AMD chips can take a lot of heat. Once i ran my CPU overclocked with stock fan and heatsink, and it ran fine up to 165 F so, they can take the heat. Although i would never do that again, lol, but still, i wouldn't be too concerned. AMD has been known to generate more heat, espcially the XP series

What you could try is some thermal compound in between the cpu and the heatsink just a very thin layer enough to make connection between the two then wipe away the excess they sell thermal compound at the local radio shack.

i would only hope so.. :D what processor are you running.. 3.06ghz? if so, 112F is fine. mine is anywhere from 32c --- 50c.

as far as cooling methods, can you add anymore fans?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom