Converxtodvd

Status
Not open for further replies.

mossy1881

Banned
I have used this program and when I was done with it I tried deleting it but it just won't delete. I used NEro 8 and burn4free and nothing works. I believe it burns with a certain format and was wondering if that was the reason? If so, what should I use to erase/format it?

Also, once used what that format, is the dvd only able to be used in that format only?

cheers

Hello,

What do you mean delete it? Have you gone thru the uninstaller? Have you tried to use Revo Uninstaller?

I dont get what you are saying. You delete format a disc and you want to know what format it is in? What are you asking here?

Cheers,
Mak

Ok, I used it by putting a movie on it and now I would like to erase that so I can put something else on it but I can't remove the movie from the dvd. I tried erasing/formating it using nero 8 and burn4free but neither will erase/format it. Do I need to use something special to do so?

Also, once that dvd is used by converxtodvd can the dvd be used only by convertxtodvd because it was written on by that software? Hope this makes sense now.

cheers

Hello,

If you used a DVD+/-R then you can not erase it. As i have said countless times already. You need to use either InCD from Nero or Alcohol 120% to erase the discs. They are the best tools i have found to erase DVD+/-RW Discs.

As far as i know when you use Convertx it can be used again. But you need to use one of the apps i have mentioned above to erase it. As i have said countless times it is much easier to use Write once media.

Trying to do all this on ReWritable media is what is giving you all these issues. All this information is available in the several other threads you have made just like this. If you create yet another new thread asking the same type of question that has been answered we will have to consider it spam.

http://www.techist.com/forums/f9/xvid-dvd-179218/
Just about the same exact questions asked. I gave the same answer as my last post there.

Cheers,
Mak

When using convertxtodvd, do you just select add and then convert? Do you, personally, make any changes to settings of any kind? If so, what ones?

cheers

As long as the file(s) are of the right types, i.e. those recognized by ConvertXtoDVD, you don't do anything. You can go into the options for the menus and such, but you add the file(s) and hit convert and it does the rest. It will automatically compress the files if it needs to do so, as well.

Hello,

Yes i personally make changes to the Menu screen and the output as i make sure that it outputs as Widescreen not Normal aspect.

All this is personal preference. I also know how to add external Subs and other such things. But all of this can be found out via the VSO website.

Cheers,
Mak

Mak213, is there any difference between quick and full erase with alcohol 120 besides speed? Also, how fast is the quick one as I haven't tried that yet?

Hello,

Honestly i dont know. I have always done the full erase. From what i know of it though the quick erase just takes teh data off the disc. So if there was a bad spot it will still be there. Just like a quick format on a hard drive.

The full erase basically formats the disc back to new. Which is why i always use that option.

Cheers,
Mak

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom