Convertxtodvd question

Status
Not open for further replies.
That all depends on the system. If you are using a older single core CPU then yes this will happen. Cause conversion is a CPU based process right now. So using a old Pentium or AMD that is a single core and trying to do other things will cause the conversion to be affected.

It could just be a flaw with the program as well. I dont think it is SMP so it could be eating the CPU cycles and causing this.

I regularly use it to put eight 45-minute shows on a single DVD-R on a regular basis. It works without a hitch.

The program compresses the data to make all of it fit on the disk, hence why it tells you how the quality will be affected by the amount of data being put on the disk.

Trotter, When you put that much data I assume the dvd-r is almost full. The question I have for you, does convertxtodvd say the the quality is low I assume but is it actually or is it the way one movie on it would appear?
Please let me know.

thanks

IT all depends. Cause there are factors here that no one even brought up.

First off the quality of the files in use already. Since they are rips they are already of degraded quality unless you ripped them with HD codecs.

So right there you are degrading. Then you want to convert it back to DVD form.

Again degradation.

So simply put trying to force more than 1 movie of already degraded quality onto a DVD with others will not allow for the quality to be good. At all.

Even using ripped movies that are of decent quality trying to force 2 or 3 movies onto a DVD will not give you HD quality. They will be able to be watched but you will notice bad spots, possible pauses or jumps in the movie, sections where there is like a block or ghosting effect going on.

This is going to happen. Because you took a rip and are trying to convert it back to its original format.

So no you will not get high quality. At all. It will be able to be watched. That is it. You will notice many small flaws with it if you pay attention.

No way around it. No way to prevent it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom