Convertxtodvd question

Status
Not open for further replies.

Gee Wally

In Runtime
For those of you who use convertxtodvd, do you ever try putting 2 to 3 movies on 1 dvd-r? IF so, how is the quality of it compared to just using 1 dvd-r per movie?

thanks

I use this program. I noticed that there's an advisor thing on the bottom left, that tells you if the the quality will be excellent, good, or bad. I've put around 5 smaller clips of reasonable quality into one DVD, and it is noticeable compared to just one movie. It could also depend on the quality of each file.

I use this program quite alot to write multiple films to a single dvd after re-encodging them. Works well however it does sometimes not copy correctly and have short moments of video splutter, these are rare though and normally only last one minute at the max.

I actually use CX2DVD quite a lot...

correct me if I am wrong,
but with most modern mpeg2 encoders, input quality and run time is the most important factor. size of original file is irrelevant

personally I try not to go over 180 minutes. (that's just me! your standards might be higher than mine! don't flame me!)

Not sure how multiple movies on the one disc will work. However this week I tried this program by just adding one 700mb movie to a dvd (twice), and both movies were stuffed about half way through, literally unwatchable.

I regularly use it to put eight 45-minute shows on a single DVD-R on a regular basis. It works without a hitch.

The program compresses the data to make all of it fit on the disk, hence why it tells you how the quality will be affected by the amount of data being put on the disk.

Not sure how multiple movies on the one disc will work. However this week I tried this program by just adding one 700mb movie to a dvd (twice), and both movies were stuffed about half way through, literally unwatchable.

It should have a menu system. I must have an older version as mine doesn't do these funky feautures that you guys are talking about with compression and such

I've burned a few movies on the same disc, no trouble here.

Something else, I have noticed that while I am burning the DVD and using the computer at the same time, the movie will end up having sputters in it. If I left the computer alone to do its burning then the movie runs smoothly without any trouble afterwards. ODD?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom