Converting .avi to DVD

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRDCorolla1

Golden Master
What do you guys use to convert movie files (mainly divx supported or .avi format) from your PC to a DVD so that it can be played on a "standalone" DVD player? Nero or Roxio doesn't work. I can copy the data over to Nero, but it doesn't play on a regular DVD player.

Nero does work. You are not suppose to use Nero Burning ROM, you are suppose to use Nero Vision.

Open Nero Vision, Make DVD, DVD-Video, Drag movie files into blank area, Next, Do not create a menu, next, next, Burn. The converting time is half to all of the movies length, the burning time should be under 5 minutes.

I've used both WinAvi, ConvertXtoDVD and Nero

since Nero Does NOT support RM/ RMVB format

and I Can Tell you that the quality is quite good compared to nero,
personally I can't tell the difference except from the DVD menus

Ohhh, Nero Vision!!!! I didn't know that did the job too. I have Nero 8 from my downloads and never realized it until now. I was looking in the Nero Express burning ROM trying to use their "Make DVD disc" option the whole time. I'm going to check out the other ones too. Learn something new everyday....are the WinAVI and ConvertXtoDVD free? If quality is an issue, I'll check out those two.

I believe ConvertXtoDVD was free
not sure about WinAvi Though

EDIT:
Shouldn't this be in the Software forums anyway? o_O

ConvertXtoDVD. Haven't used anything else since I found it, and probably won't switch to a different program. I've never found one that is easier to use.

nero is the best commercial one. windvdcopy has superior quality but takes longer.

hardware encoders are better too but more expensive. nero is closing in on them.

this is funny because 3-4 years ago, nero had the worst encoder ever

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom