Convert MIDI to MP3 (Directly)?

Status
Not open for further replies.

DeathscytheX5

Solid State Member
For a very long while, that is since I last had my computer modified, I have not been able to play MIDI files, I belive that my sound card probably does not support it.

There are many MIDI to Mp3 converter programs available on the net, but the thing is, the metod of conversion used is by playing the Midi file while recording. Hence when I use it, no Midi sound can be played so the song is recoded without volume.

I would really like to know if there is any way to Directly convert Midi to Mp3 without the play and record method.

Thanks for the help.

Actually, I just did another search and found some programs that seems to describe what I'm trying to do.

When I download them I'll tell if they worked.

audacity. you can recreate another mp3 file through it, then change the mp3 extension to midi

EricB said:
audacity. you can recreate another mp3 file through it, then change the mp3 extension to midi
You can't simply change the extension from mp3 to midi.

Download Audacity (google it) alone with the LAME codec to export mp3. In the program, goto menubar->project->import midi file than choose file. afterward just goto menubar->export as mp3 than select destination.

BluFox said:
You can't simply change the extension from mp3 to midi.

Download Audacity (google it) alone with the LAME codec to export mp3. In the program, goto menubar->project->import midi file than choose file. afterward just goto menubar->export as mp3 than select destination.

then you change the extension. this is the original way we use to get phone to accept ringtones. now phone recognize mp3, but 3-4 years ago they didn't

Thanks for the help, but it did'nt work.

This has been the best method I have tried yet, but when I try to play the new mp3 file with a media player, eg. Windows Media Player or Winamp, an error come up, player might not support codec used to compress the file, or with winamp, it just doesn't play. Thanks for trying to help.

I ran a dxdiag test and found,

Your Sound card does not support hardware buffering.
Sounds will only play back with software buffers.

No General MIDI DLS file was specified in the registry

A while back I tried installing new MIDI DLS files but it did'nt seem to register.

Maybe this is the real problem, how may I fix this?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom