controlling win2k with RD

Status
Not open for further replies.

IBMan

Daemon Poster
Hey, i have a windows XP laptop upstairs, a windows 2003 server and a windows 2000 server in my basement, I installed the Remote desktop app from my xp pro cd on the 2000 machine, can take control of the 2k3 machine fine but how...without adding much more software take control of a 2000 box using the windows remote desktop connection?

thanks

IBMan said:
Hey, i have a windows XP laptop upstairs, a windows 2003 server and a windows 2000 server in my basement, I installed the Remote desktop app from my xp pro cd on the 2000 machine, can take control of the 2k3 machine fine but how...without adding much more software take control of a 2000 box using the windows remote desktop connection?

thanks

how did you copy the remote desktop app from the cd? I want to put it on my 1 home machine so I can access it from my main computer.

Warez Monster said:
Get it from system32 folder

mstsc.exe

%SystemRoot%\system32\mstsc.exe

how do I do that? I tried install remote desktop from the perform additional tasks. it didn't work. it said that I already had it. but I want the pro verson to so I can take over the home computer.

I seen the mstsc.ex in the I386 folder but clicking on it does nothing.

Warez Monster said:
You doing this on 2000 or XP?

I doing it on xp home. I want to take over my kid's computer and give them limited account without physically going to their computer to install programs, but they have XP home. my other computer are 2 MCE (xp pro) and 1 xp pro.

Warez Monster said:
Im not sure if home has it or not. Bu you go to accessories, communications, remote desktop

I can take over the pro computers with the home one, but you don't have the option to do it in the opposite manner in home. home doesn't have a option to let other connect remotely to this computer. home does an accept invitations to this computer though

the bottom part is missing on home

RemoteDesktop.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom