Control Panel

Status
Not open for further replies.

subdivizion

Banned
i was wondering if anyne had the same problem or know how to fix it.
I can't seem to access the Control Panel in my Windows 2000 Pro (SP4) machine in any way. when i do, i get an error that says that explorer.exe has caused an error and must be closed. included is the log file that was created. however, i can access everything inside the control panel, such as users and passwords, system etc. by typing the full path name on IE. any solutions?

Sounds like you have a damaged control panel function file on this machine. Try this...Do a search for *.cpl in you Windows/System32 folder. Move ALL of the files out of this folder into another folder of your choice....just remeber where they are ;)
Try and open Control Panel now....if it works, then try and move these .cpl files back into the System32 folder one at a time. Try and open the Control Panel again after you move a file back into the system32 folder. You'll find the one causing the problems and then you can just replace it with one from your 2000 CD or from teh i386 folder on your machine.

-Mike

yes, that worked. thanx a lot man. i should've figured it out. it was one of the typical microsoft update goofups (NVidia driver)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom