Control Panel

Status
Not open for further replies.

Rocky1

Solid State Member
Hello everyone. This is the right place to go to get the right answer. :) I had to reinstall Windows XP on my computer. Now, when I go to Add/Remove Programs under control panel. it has many different things listed. Some are like ESSMail, and so forth. I do not have the option of removing them. It only shows how often it is used, such as rarely or never. How can I remove these for the ADD/Remove Program Listing. Any help appreciated. Thank you.

RESOLUTION
Click Start, Run and type REGEDIT. This starts the Registry Editor. Navigate to:

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE
\SOFTWARE
\Microsoft
\Windows
\CurrentVersion
\Uninstall
\<Program Name>

<Program Name> here is Adobe Acrobat 5.0 - Taken as an example

In the right-pane, do the following:

Double-click NoRemove (REG_DWORD) and set it to 0
Double-click NoModify (REG_DWORD) and set it to 0

If NoRemove is set to 1, the Remove button will be unavailable
If NoModify is set to 1, the Change button will be unavailable

No, it didn't work. The items aren't listed and I have no idea what program they are for. They are like: CARDRD81, CCCommon, CCSscore, CR2, ESSBRWR, ESSCDBK, HLPINDEX, KSU, SFR, SHASTA, SKINXSDK, and many others

XP Repair install

Boot the computer using the XP CD. You may need to change the boot order in the system BIOS so the CD boots before the hard drive. Check your system documentation for steps to access the BIOS and change the boot order.
When you see the "Welcome To Setup" screen, you will see the options below
This portion of the Setup program prepares Microsoft
Windows XP to run on your computer:

To setup Windows XP now, press ENTER.

To repair a Windows XP installation using Recovery Console, press R.

To quit Setup without installing Windows XP, press F3.

Press Enter to start the Windows Setup. do not choose "To repair a Windows XP installation using the Recovery Console, press R", (you Do Not want to load Recovery Console). I repeat, do not choose "To repair a Windows XP installation using the Recovery Console, press R".
Accept the License Agreement and Windows will search for existing Windows installations.
Select the XP installation you want to repair from the list and press R to start the repair. If Repair is not one of the options, read this Warning#2!
Setup will copy the necessary files to the hard drive and reboot. Do not press any key to boot from CD when the message appears. Setup will continue as if it were doing a clean install, but your applications and settings will remain intact.

I went back and checked once more the first thing you told me. I had to uninstall my Kodac easy share software. That remove them all except for one. That one is CCCommon. I appreciate your help

Warez Monster said:
RESOLUTION
Click Start, Run and type REGEDIT. This starts the Registry Editor. Navigate to:

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE
\SOFTWARE
\Microsoft
\Windows
\CurrentVersion
\Uninstall
\<Program Name>

<Program Name> here is Adobe Acrobat 5.0 - Taken as an example

In the right-pane, do the following:

Double-click NoRemove (REG_DWORD) and set it to 0
Double-click NoModify (REG_DWORD) and set it to 0

If NoRemove is set to 1, the Remove button will be unavailable
If NoModify is set to 1, the Change button will be unavailable

so when you followed this path, you saw no programs? What programs do you have installed right now?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom