Continuous key loop?????

Status
Not open for further replies.

taffer

Beta member
I have never had this happen to me before and am in a total state of confusion. What happens is when I turn on my computer and Windows XP Pro comes up and I go to open any form of text editor or even IE, if I hit the search box the text starts putting in left facing brackets on the screen. It is really hard to put into words but no matter what I do, my keyboard works but I it does is continuously types in brackets. If I start some games you can hear the sound of me holding down a key and it makes that repetitive noise but I am not touching anything. I even tried changing keyboards and it still happens. I have no applications up and nothing that I can think of to make this happen. It just started happening the other day. Does anyone have any suggestions? Help???

I have everything but a anti-virus program. I tried to install one and I couldn't get it to work because the left bracket key kept coming up on where I want to install the program. My first thought was that it was a virus but I have to get it to stop first to install the stupid program. I am going to try to run the "System Restore Wizard" as Microbell instructed. Thanks for the replies!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom