Constant Restart & Other Problems

Status
Not open for further replies.

th3gh05t

Baseband Member
Hi,

I have Windows XP Pro SP2, and I am constantly having problems whenever I turn off my computer. It usually boots to the Desktop, after I login, but then it immediately restarts. It comes to the Desktop again, and sometimes it says that Windows has recoved from a serious error, and the error has been fixed.

But this morning when I booted up, I got this message:

lsass.exe - System Error
Indicates a revision number encountered or specified is not one known by the service. It may be a more recent version that the service is aware of.

The only button available to click is , "OK", and I click it, and it just restarts, and says the same thing again. This happens before the the login screen, but after the Windows XP screen.

Please help me out! This has been happening to my computer and configuration ever since I built the computer. So I am thinking that it has something to do with my hardware.

Thanks for your time! (P.S - Computer Configuration Below.)

th3gh05t

Defiantly software

I crash lssas.exe when I try to get infomation about the computer I shouldnt EX XP passwords

What to do if the computer shuts down before you can patch or get the tool
This threat can cause Windows to keep shutting down and restarting. This can prevent you from installing the Microsoft patch or downloading the tool described below. To prevent the shut down, do the following. (You may have to try this several times, as you only have about 20 seconds to do steps 3 to 6.) (This will not work on Windows 2000.)

Disconnect the computer from the network/Internet connection. (Disconnect the cable if necessary.)
Restart the computer.
As soon as Windows opens and you see the Windows desktop, click Start > Run.
Type:

cmd

and press Enter.

Type:

shutdown -i

and press Enter.

In the Remote Shutdown Dialog that opens, do the following:

Click Add and type your computer name into the appeared window. Then click OK.
In the "Display warning for <number of seconds> Seconds" field, type 9999 in place of the default value of 20.
Type any message in the Comment box.
Click OK.

Reconnect the network/Internet connection.
Connect to the Internet, and get the patch. Then continue with the steps described below.

This gives you about three hours to get the patch installed, update the definitions, and so on.

When you have patched for and removed the threat, you can re-enable the 20-second default warning if you want to.

Download the FxSasser.exe

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom