constant freezing and errors

Status
Not open for further replies.

Brenna_AK

Solid State Member
okay, my husbands computer is one or 2 yrs old. its windows xp home, and lately the screen freezes up really fast. sometimes theres this high pitched beep that won't stop. and we'll have to turn it off manually. or sometimes, its sends us to an error page that is either black or blue.

I honestly don't know whats wrong with it.

I would love some help, thanx.

If you get a BSOD, what is the stop code?

I'd suspect it's memory. Get Memtest86+, burn the ISO to a CD, and boot off it. Let it go through a few passes. Any errors, there is your problem.

If you get a BSOD, what is the stop code?

I'd suspect it's memory. Get Memtest86+, burn the ISO to a CD, and boot off it. Let it go through a few passes. Any errors, there is your problem.

Just to clear what MoM said, by BSOD he meant the error pages that has been coming up. The blue one to be specific. It normally has a code on that screen that you can post back to aid us in our solution.

ok, thanx. sometimes when I get the black screen its like i put in the software cd for the computer, and its asking me to reboot, or whatever, but the screen is unmovable, no amount of clicking will do anything, you have to force the computer to turn off.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom