Constant Crashes [Vista]

Status
Not open for further replies.

thewalesaver

Baseband Member
Im pretty sure everyone has had their computer crash before.
But not ten times a day, like my HP Pavilion dv6308nr laptop does.
Im looking for a way to make it stop crashing so often.
I cant run many things at once or it will definetly crash.
But i also cant run certain programs too long or it will crash.
Such as Firefox or VB 2008.
It gets really hot on the bottom and burns me sometimes.
Ive only had it for about a year, i think.
Please help.
*I run Vista Home Premuim 32-bit.

Well first i would say it is overheating. If it can burn you. That is not good.

Get a cooling pad for the laptop and allow it to cool itself off. Getting hot will cause crashes.

2nd. Driver compatibility.

3rd what does the BSOD say?

Cooling pads cost money right? where would i get one?
What drivers are you talking about? :confused:
& Ive seen that BSOD screen so many times, it would seem like i would know what it said. but lately, its been going by so fast I dont even have time to read it. It just flashes for a second and then my laptop restarts. I wish i knew what it said. sorry. :(

you can get cooling pads at best buy ,circuit city,staples,officemax,office depot
they start at about $30 and up

I got my for $15 at Wal-Mart.

First right click on Computer>Properties>On the left side Advanced System Settings. Under the new windows it will come up on the 3rd entry Startup and Recovyer. Click settings. There uncheck the box for Atuo restart on system failure. This will allow you to see the BSOD's when they happen.

I got my for $15 at Wal-Mart.

First right click on Computer>Properties>On the left side Advanced System Settings. Under the new windows it will come up on the 3rd entry Startup and Recovyer. Click settings. There uncheck the box for Atuo restart on system failure. This will allow you to see the BSOD's when they happen.

ok ill try to get one.
but i still cant see it unless it crashes again.
ill try to make it crash. :freak:

Dude, get CoreTemp, Realtemp, Everest, SOMETHING to monitor the temps. There's probably just a ton of dust inside on the fan and heatsink. Open the laptop up and clean it out.

Dude, get CoreTemp, Realtemp, Everest, SOMETHING to monitor the temps. There's probably just a ton of dust inside on the fan and heatsink. Open the laptop up and clean it out.

just as i was about to post a screenshot of coretemps readings, it crashed.
heres the screenshot.
and heres the technical information from the crash (for Mak213):
***STOP: 0x0000007F (0x00000008, 0x8562F0C0, 0x00000000, 0x00000000)

thats it. :eek:

Holy FRAK!!

167!!!

That is high and that is why your system is crashing. That is a very dangerous temp to be running at. The most i have seen is just over 90. You could burn out your CPU with those temps after a period of time.

This is a kernel mode crash issue. The error code 0x0000007F means UNEXPECTED_KERNEL_MODE_TRAP. Generally it occurs when a driver tried to access an address that is pageable (or that is completely invalid) while the IRQL was too high.

I really wish it would go down.
It burns everything it touches.
Any idea on how it got that way?
Because i dont.

What is IRQL?
And is there any way to fix this? :(

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom