Constant Crashes [Vista]

Status
Not open for further replies.
I went to AMD's chipset driver page and downloaded the first (AMD Driver Pack, Version 1.30).
I havent executed it yet.
I have an AMD Turion 64 X2 processor and that download is supposed to detect my OS and install the right drivers.
But im not sure this is the right one for me because it doesnt say anything about Vista in the driver information.
I found this page and this page, each one a different processor, but i cant decide which one is mine.
The sticker near the touchpad says "AMD Turion 64 X2 Mobile Technology".
And even if i got the right one, none of those downloads dont like chipset drivers.

Well, how about this cooling pad? or this one?
The second looks raunchy, like its blocking the fans. Its cheaper though.

:freak:

Okay i think that this is not a machine you built. So you have to go to the Dell or HP or Compaq or Levono or whatever site it is that made your PC. There you search for your specific system. In there you should find you specific drivers. If you want place the name and model number here i will find it for you.

I personally use the first one and it does a great job of keeping the heat down. Post #5 i already said i got mine from Wal-Mart....

No thanks.
I found it.
This looks like the right one for me.
40% downloaded. :happy:

Ill probably get the first one.

I downloaded, installed, and restarted.
Temperature hasnt showed much of a difference.
But i havent crashed since then.
Ive only crashed once today. :happy:

Temp wont show any difference till you get it COOLED down. The chipset drivers was in response to the BSOD's but since you are running so hot that could also be the cause.

Until you cool it down we can not know for sure what is causing this issue. But you probably already reduced the life of the CPU by now...

ill get it cooled down.
when i get some money.
i put a fan about the size of a tv screen up to the bottom of the laptop on its highest speed, and the temp still barely went down. :snob:

when do i graduate from junior techie?

i have a cooling pad now, and my laptop isnt hot anymore.
the cooling pad is quiet and does a good job.
i uninstalled coretemp before i got the cooling pad, so unless you want me to find out the temperature again, ill keep it uninstalled. :happy:

Its a heating problem. So wouldn't it be essential to open up your laptop and see if all the fans and such are running. Sounds like something hardware related is to blame. Something may have been caught in your exhaust fans and causing overheating. Which then causes the BSOD.

No doubt thats what you should do immediately before your computer dies.

And try using a different computer and only boot up your laptop when you are trying to fix it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom