Console Question XP vs Mandrake

Status
Not open for further replies.

ThirtySixBelow

Daemon Poster
Why is it that when typing in the command prompt for windows xp that there is a slight delay in what it is that you are typing and that it seems to be pretty slow, but in the command prompt for linux it seems to be just like typing anything else like in notepad or something?

ThirtySixBelow said:
Why is it that when typing in the command prompt for windows xp that there is a slight delay in what it is that you are typing and that it seems to be pretty slow, but in the command prompt for linux it seems to be just like typing anything else like in notepad or something?

It depends on your pc system but the xp kernel in my opinion makes things flow smooooother. and remember it's not really dos anymore with xp

In xp, there is no command line , it's a programme simulating the command prompt.

Mostly, i've seldom seen any delay in xp command line, you may try your friend's compter , see if it is smooth? if this, it must be your system problem.

yea tahts kinda unusual, but linux is a faster, more stable os. It wouldnt surprise me if the linux console is faster, but if u really can make a diffference, ur pc must be old, or something is wrong.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom