Considering Vista: Worth It?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I have big prob's all the time with vista,99% of the time when i boot it can't connect to the net no matter what i do,Then i have about 10 BSOD's a day talking about conflict's and other crap!!!

I'm going to be switching back to XP really soon untill they get most of this POS working some what properly.

We have had a lot of business (we do computer repair) thanks to Vista and its lack of third-party support.

run dual boot until vista works

x2. Vista is ok. I'm just puzzled to see that people are "wowed" over this so called "better than ever, better than other os" software. "Aero is so cool!" "Wow it looks so pretty!" "It's beautiful to the eyes!" LOL, guess these people never heard of Linux or OS X.
U guys know that Microsucks spent billions and billions of $$ developing Vista? Now that "wows" me. You would think that after spending so much $$ they would have brought out a KILLER OS. Nope!
XP is still cool for the next 2 years.

i say microshaft shoulda put more thought in upgrading xp, like adding more features, instead of blowing all their $$$ on vista, but then again....bill gates is like the richest guy in the world. i say he could waste his money, **** he can throw a 100 bill my way id be happy, then again who wouldnt be happy with free money, which is what free vista is like, especailly when it costs almost 400 for the ultimate version...or free if u know where to look

U guys know that Microsucks spent billions and billions of $$ developing Vista? Now that "wows" me. You would think that after spending so much $$ they would have brought out a KILLER OS.
From a developer's perspective, it is a killer os -- and ultimately, that's what really matters.

If it's free, there's no reason not to upgrade. Just make sure your specs are good enough.

Vista will run decently on most machines that have compatable hardware. I've got it running just fine on an older HP box. (1.2 Ghz Celeron, 512MB RAM, 128MB Video)

Sure, Aero Glass isn't running and I won't be watching any HD movies anytime soon. But, it scales down very well I think.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom