Considering Vista: Worth It?

Status
Not open for further replies.

the:megalon

Baseband Member
My OS, Windows XP Pro2, has a free upgrade to Vista Ultimate. Now, I'm sure there's some thread talking about Vista and its quality and potential but my hand is too lazy to push the logitech mouse around, so: should I upgrade to Vista? I'm excited about games and their compatability with dx10 that are bound to arrive this year, but I'm worried about the little problems and bugs and those ugly rumors I've heard that are hindrances to smooth sailing in computer land...

Help me. Please. Thank you. :eek:

I think it is worth it.

I love Vista, no problems with software as of now, or hardware. Vista automatically found drivers for everything; mobo, video, sound, printer and more.

Well, I got a custom build online, then I decided to add more to it like more haddrive, faster ram, and I was going to get a new OS (Vista) but my online custom cp store offered free Vista. Hawt.

Stick to XP. I use Vista, and while its a great OS and will definately be something to have, its not quite ready for primetime yet. Problem is not Microsoft as much as it is hardware and software manufacturers are not in a big hurry to support Vista until more people are using it.

i think its worth it. make sure you disable system sleep when you do get xp. trying to wake up the computer is a nightmare.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom