connected to internet but can't recieve data

Status
Not open for further replies.

mohsh2002

Solid State Member
Hey,

I have a very big problem..I am connected to the internet, my IE is working properly, but like the softwares that have to be connected to the internet dont work any more, such as msn messenger, yahoo messenger , AIM , Putty.exe, WinMx, can't even listen to music from the internet...i really neeed your help ..someone who solve this problem gotta be a genius for real...

yea i have a firewall but i disabled it and still have the same problem. My firewall has been always enabled and everything used to work great.. i just dunno what happened. and i dont have any parental control or anything like that..

What ISP are you using? Have you checked to see if you need a proxy? Or, you could be trying to use a proxy when you don't need it.

Also, check your individual programs. They may be set to use a different ISP's settings...especially if you recently changed ISPs or signde up for the first time. Been there, done that.

Besides, you ought to download Trillian (free version). It can handle all of your IM programs itself...no need to launch them all.

Check Download.com.

I have insight cable internet.. i have accessed my PC remotly couple days ago and everything used to work fine before that..so i dont know if this is the problem or something else..

Can you ping any websites? If so, do you get a reply back? Make sure they all have access, complete access.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom