Concurrent Windows Sessions

Status
Not open for further replies.

flashcat7777

Solid State Member
Hello,
There is an HP programming competition coming up in March that I will be a part of. I am on a team with two other people. One of the rules of the contest is "only one computer per team can be turned on".

I was wondering if there was any way to get around this by:
1) Having 3 separate mice and keyboards attached to one computer, each controlling a section of the screen

2) Using multiple monitors, with completely separate operations going on each monitor.

Can anyone think of another way to get around this? Any help would be greatly appreciated. I have tried Googling things such as "multiple mouse pointers", but I have not succeeded in getting anything to work.

System Specs:
Core 2 Duo E6600 (2.4GHz)
2GB PC2-6400 RAM
GeForce 7900GS Graphics Card (Dual DVI Outputs)
Windows Vista Ultimate

There is no way to do it. It would mean multiple mouse driver and keyboard drivers installed which would in turn screw up windows as it would not be able to distinguish which driver were for which piece of hardware. Espically since they would have to be USB and that is another story in itself.

Dual Montiros is a good thing as you can do seperate operation on each monitor but only 1 mouse and keyboard active.

Also this wouldnt work for another reason. Only 1 application window can be active at any time. So even having multiple mice and keyboards wouldnt solve the Active windows problem

The more I thought about it, the more convinced I became that this was not possible. Thanks anyway.

-t

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom