Computers hangs while in MS Office ONLY

Status
Not open for further replies.

Halchka99

Baseband Member
Hey guys, ive got a lady at work that uses ms office, more so word and excel.

Her computer freezes only during ms office and no other program.

Ive updated her office(03), ive patched up her PC with windows update.

Ive scanned her pc for spyware.

Ive done everything i could think of and she calls me to her desk almost 3-4 times a week saying how her pc is just hanging.

Task manager only shows the proper programs running. The correct amount of CPU and memory is being used.

Everything else on her PC is properly configured and running(no conflicts of any sort)

It boggles my mind how its only in MS Office.

Any hints or clues will be appreciate it.

Thanks

system specs?
is she running any add in programs with excel or word? Adobe Elements\reader\acrobat?

you might not have a legit version of office. ms will locked it if you try to upgrade it and it isn't legit

EricB said:
you might not have a legit version of office. ms will locked it if you try to upgrade it and it isn't legit

I will get more info today at work.

Do you mean updating it?

She had office xp and i did a clean uninstall and put on office 03.

any addins? I know of several problems that can cause this, I just need more information on what you have installed there.

Inaris said:
any addins? I know of several problems that can cause this, I just need more information on what you have installed there.

all ive given her is office 03, i will find out today what add ins she has.

Anything specific i should look for, or that you know could cause these issues?

I just did a 2500 client deployment of Office 2003. There are a few problems that came up with some apps. The Adobe applications I mentioned above all have weird issues.
Crystallball (scenario modeling) is another, as well as PIProcessBook.

Good luck

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom