Computer won't wake up from sleep

Status
Not open for further replies.

Lumberjackd

Beta member
Hi everyone, I used to be a member here three years ago and I'm back.

My laptop has recently started refusing to wake up from sleep. When it sleeps it will disable the USB mouse and keyboard and the laptop keyboard and mousepad also fail to wake it up. The keyboard backlight lights up but the screen stays black. I have a 1 year old dell latitude connected to a dock running Vista. Any help is appreciated. Thank you.

If the PC is in sleep mode, then how could anyone boot to the BIOS? That is done when the PC is first powered on. This is an issue when Windows goes into sleep mode and cant exit sleep mode and go back to an operational desktop. So to answer your question, yes it is still possible to boot to the BIOS, but only after a hard shut down. But the problem will not go away when he leaves his PC to go to sleep and when he tries to wake it, it doesnt wake.

A Windows Vista-based computer does not wake from sleep when a PassThru driver is installed
Windows Vista Doesn't wake up from sleep mode or gives a BSOD! - Microsoft Answers
Troubleshoot problems waking computer from sleep mode

to get it out of sleep I have to do a hard restart, another piece of information is that it only cannot be woken up if I close the lid, which I have to do to take it to class, or if it sleeps for more than about an hour

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom