every so often it is good to do some nessecary computer maintenece:
1.Update adware remover and do a full scan
2. likewise for virus scanner
3. run disk cleanup
4. delete cookies and temp files
5. defrag HDD, not with crappy windows defrag but with eg, norton defrag bundled with systemworks.
6. delete unused programs
7. re installing the os, not the most efficient way of speeding up computer that the os has polluted itself in oblivion for the last 5 years.
8. Update drives, and run win update
Core 2 Duo E6400, DFI Infinity 975X/G, 2x 512mb DDR2 667mhz, Albatron 7900gt, WD 200gb SATA, Samsung DVD-RW, Silverstone ST-50EF 500w PSU.