"Computer is Slow" Problem Need options [winxp home]

Status
Not open for further replies.

akasixcon

This is sparta!
One of my computers is slow and I know upgrading RAM will help. I was almost convinced that that was the only solution but however I realized after booting in Safemode that my computer is good as new.

The only problem with safemode is that some drivers wont run. I also realized that if booting in normal mode that there are a bunch of services running that I do not know about.

Using Windows XP Home, what services (under start > run > msconfig) are needed to run like in safemode except with benefits of full drivers (video etc..). I can either find what is needed to run or find what is not needed.

I'm going to scan using HiJack this and see if I can find anything.

But yeah any help would be great.

well number 1 if you have more than 4 processes running in the background other than antivirus,firewall sound and other normal windows processes running you have a problem...... try to disable anysoftware that would start up with windows xp. example ? nero, roxio, AIM and MSN or trillian scanner and printer software junk, bittorent clients or p2p software and etc.... all that can REALLY slow down xp alot which would cause your computer to lag and after all the services have loaded up and running after about 15 minutes its gonna be real hard for xp home or pro to keep up, which can lead errors and software conflicts and the occasional crash and reboot if things get real ugly...

Hope that helps.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom