Computer Slow After Format

Status
Not open for further replies.

jcortes

Fully Optimized
ok i just formatted and it is extremley slow startup i have cleared my MSCONFIG and only have zone alarm set to start up thats it yet it gets to the login screen and once i enter my password it takes forever to load any ideas of what i can do or what can be wrong?

Defrag and run a disk check. I assume that Windows was starting up from an update, since you just reinstall. ThatÂ’s probably why.

i did those two things im now formatting using a 98 boot disk to format thanx tho.

get and run memtest86 to check your ram. You can also use microsoft BootVis (unsupported by MS) to move the programs and files that are used during startup to the front of the platter on your hard drive for faster access.

second format and still a slow start up im gonna leave it shut down over night and see if it just needs to rest ill let you guys know if it still does it in the morning. thanx.

rebooted this morning after second format and still its an extremely slow start up does anyone have any idea what could cause it to be slow after being completely formatted?

i thought that too however before i formatted it yesterday it was running quite fast actually i just wanted to add an image and this happened.

using acronis to create an image on another partition but i never got that far to be able to create it because of this issue.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom