Computer seriously screwed up..

Status
Not open for further replies.

smandge

Beta member
Ok, big prob...

I was trying to fix my CD/Dvd drive and changed something the System registry and i am unable to use mouse and keyboard. I cant use system restore either as im unable to control mouse and keyboard.

It loads everything up, its just that i cant do anything, i have no control of the computer.

However i'm getting a new harddrive soon and was wondering if its possible just to install windows on that harddrive and have this current messed up harddrive as a 2nd partitition.

Does system registry affect the whole computer or just windows?

Thanks,

Andrew S

im no expert but lol what were u doing in registry without knowing what to get rid of and not to mess with lol ( dont take that seriously). It affects windows only. I would just reinstall windows. If ur getting a new hd install windows on that then reformat this second one after u get all ur info off it just be sure to set this current hd as slave. other people might tell u other wise but this is my .02 have a nice day :p

If you install the new HD with a new OS loaded on it then the registry on the other one will have no effect on the new system disk. Just make sure you set the second disk as a slave and that you are indeed booting to the new one. After you install the new drive you can probably migrate your data from the other one, reformat it and move it all back. That will give you tons of storage space or you can use it to hold images of the system disk. Sounds like a good deal to me.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom