Computer Restarts Randomly

Status
Not open for further replies.

harjoh72

Beta member
My computer decides to restart randomly. It doesnt go through the process of a normal restart, it just shuts off and turns back on. Almost as if you yanked the power out. I have been reading forums about my problem there are a few things that I think it could be. One is that directx 9 is not compatable with my video card. Another being that the compound on my processor is messed up. I took the cpu fan off and cleaned it a few weeks ago and idk if i messed it up then. Or is there something just wrong with my installation of windows xp, if reformatting it will fix the problem. If anyone can help me please i would appreciate it.

This may be related to a faulty/messed psu. Check all cables in the back of your tower to see if all connections are secure.

There is also a spyware or virus out there that is causing shutdown and restart.Scan your computer with AdAware or spybot.Spybot is free.And scan for viruses also.Although I think what I read said it was spyware.

All my cables in the back of my tower are good. I run spybot and adaware every other day so its not that. What do you mean by psu?

I'm thinking this may be the worm that struck the world hard last year. Your description of your problem suggests just that. I would suggest doing an antivirus scan.

-Dan The Man

I ran virus scan its not that. This is the message i get when i start my computer back up after it happens: The system has recovered from a serious error. It seems like it restarts when i am doing alot on the computer. I am really thinking its something with the processor.

hmm my computer just started doing that too.. i have this virus protection and it found this-

would this do it?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom