Computer Restarts itself over the night and Disables all of its Drivers?!

Joshking122

Baseband Member
We'll I left my Desktop on last night and woke up to check it out like I do everyday. When I try to connect to an online program it sas I need internet connection. So I goto my little connection icon on the taskbar bottom right corner and it's not there like it usually is... So I'm like "hmm, Wierd" So I try to get to the connection properties through Networking and Sharing Center (btw im using windows 7 ultimate 64 bit) And I got a little more information on my problem. It sas The Dependency service or group failed to start. So this point i'm like "What?" So than before I started to mess with the computer to fix this, I searched roughly around it and found that my volume mixer is disabled. So I get into the sound settings and my Playback, Recording, and sounds everything sas "No Audio Devices installed." Or the other way.
So this is really wierd.. I don't know what to do Im lucky I somehow got some bit of internet connection using my mother's laptop.. I really don't know what to do I did nothing but leave my computer on all night like I always do and now this happens.. My friend has the same problem if I am not incorrect he said he open'd some problem and enabled all the services in the computer if I know the program I'm preety sure I could get around this.

Update 1: I somehow open'd a program called Services it showed all my computer services and 99% of them were disabled don't know how.. Am setting them to where they start up automaticly like they used to do and starting them up.

Update 2: Got the internet to work but still feel like its not fully fixed... Half of the services are still disabled and the sound is not working either. And It sas I need Windows Security Center Service on that its really important but cannot turn it because it sas it just cant be started period. "The Windows Security Center service can't be started." And the sound is still disabled... Plus even though the internet is working I cannot see the little connection icon thing on my taskbar not even when I open the pop up list.

I would reinstall the motherboard/sound/network drivers and associated software from the manufacturers website(s)

Run a full malware/virus scan just to be on the safe side.

and rather than going to services and trying to set them all to be automatic
load msconfig and make sure it is set to "normal startup" and that all the services are ticked in the services and start-up tabs

If the network icon is not displaying in the notification area you may need to go to the customise settings for the notification area and make sure it is not set to hidden

I would reinstall the motherboard/sound/network drivers and associated software from the manufacturers website(s)

Run a full malware/virus scan just to be on the safe side.

and rather than going to services and trying to set them all to be automatic
load msconfig and make sure it is set to "normal startup" and that all the services are ticked in the services and start-up tabs

If the network icon is not displaying in the notification area you may need to go to the customise settings for the notification area and make sure it is not set to hidden
Thank you! I just did the normal startup and everything works fine now! Thank you very much. IDK why but the connection icon still not showing even after customizing it.

Back
Top Bottom