Computer Restart Itself

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hamiksaiaja

Baseband Member
Hi Everyone,
Can Someone help me to identify my problem please.

I dont know why when I run video converter software, to convert the rm/rmvb file to MPEG/avi, at halfway my computer restart itself.

and now my computer even restart itself when I do virus scanning.

I have already formatted and reinstalled my OS. Still happen the same thing. My direct x is 9c

Is it because my computer infected virus? or power not enough or graphic cards problem? or anyone can help me to identify the problem please,

Thanks

If it's not either of those ^ suggestions it might be an electrical problem. I believe that some systems will restart if the power starts to fluctuate. Make sure you don't have any power sucking appliances plugged into the same outlet, especially if you have an older house.

I never measured my comp temp. But I am sure its not overheated because my surrounding is around 25 at the moment. and when I did the conversion, it was in winter, even colder

my memory only 386M. does it mean not enough? or because my memory physically got problem?

I live in old house. I have thought it could be too much power consumption. But I have already tried to move the socket for my pc to the other socket(seperate from my heater, and xbox). Unless they are on the same circuit breaker. I dont know.

Could you please advise me where to disable automatic restart please. But I believe it wont be that problem, because I have tried that my computer was on for several days and try to do the conversion and it restarted itself when its on halfway already. and after restarting, I did it again, same thing happened.

Thanks for your helps all

No. its not the amount of ram, Your ram is probably bad, since you only have 386, those gotta be old sticks, I recommend gettign a 512 stick kingston. And see how it goes from there, Cause I had bad ram once before.

Hamiksaiaja said:
Hi Everyone,
Can Someone help me to identify my problem please.

I dont know why when I run video converter software, to convert the rm/rmvb file to MPEG/avi, at halfway my computer restart itself.

and now my computer even restart itself when I do virus scanning.

I have already formatted and reinstalled my OS. Still happen the same thing. My direct x is 9c

Is it because my computer infected virus? or power not enough or graphic cards problem? or anyone can help me to identify the problem please,

Thanks

what are your pc specs?

I havent got time to have a look at new memory yet. also need to save somemoney for that.

My pC Specs as below
P4 1.8
386 MB SDRAM
64MB graphic card
80 GB 7200 rpm
soundcard on board
2NIC

so you have three 128mb sticks correct? If so, take one out and see what happens if still happens, replace it and take the next one out and so on

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom