Status
Not open for further replies.

iBaDvS1

Beta member
My computer keeps on rebooting.

Once my computer restarts, I get the following message:

The system has recovered from a serious error:
A log of this error has been created
For more info about this error, click here.

After I click click here another message appears:

To view technical info about the error report, click here.

After I click click here, I have seen the following info:

C:\DOCUME~1\Zaphod\LOCALS~1\Temp\WER7879.dir00\Mini093008-01.dmp
C:\DOCUME~1\Zaphod\LOCALS~1\Temp\WER7879.dir00\sysdata.xml

I have also received this info:

C:\DOCUME~1\Zaphod\LOCALS~1\Temp\WER9f2d.dir00\Mini093008-01.dmp
C:\DOCUME~1\Zaphod\LOCALS~1\Temp\WER9f2d.dir00\sysdata.xml

After opening: Documents and Settings, then opening: Zaphod, then opening: Local Settings, then opening Temp.
I will see a file folder named: WER7879.dir00.
I have scanned this folder with Kapersky Anti-Virus Personal which comes up clean.

After closing the initial two ERROR BOXES boxes, the file folder WER7879.dir00 disappears from the Temp folder.

I NEED HELP!

Those are minidump files that you are checking for. They are used to trouble shoot a shut down or system failure. Since you say they disappear that wont help us try to figure out what is going wrong.

What do you get on the BSOD? (Blue Screen Of Death) Need the stop error code and teh line in all caps.

bsod_a.jpg

As shown by this image. The Red Arrows tell us what we need to know to be able to help.

So it just restarts on its own? Interesting. That could be due to hardware. Could be overheating. Get Core Temp, Everest, ATiTool or something like that so you can monitor the temps of your hardware. See what they reach under no load and then under load.

Meaning doing nothing then doing something. ;)

Normal ranges for CPU's is up to about 50C and Graphics Cards it is like 70C. Roughly.

Mak213,

I have been monitering all temps with Everest. Temp is usually around the 33c to 38c range. That was the first thing that came to mind. On the computer in question, I am using the onboard video.

Are you using XP or Vista? Any changes made to the PC before this started to happen? Any new software installed? Any new hardware?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom