Computer Rebooting at windows xp loading screen

Status
Not open for further replies.

jamie7823

Baseband Member
I'm working with a Toshiba Tecra M2 Laptop that goes through the post screen fine.
The next screen it goes to is your boot menu. No Matter which boot option you pick (Safe Mode, Last known Good Config, etc.) ,
It starts loading Windows XP and I see a flash of the Blue Screen of Death and emmidiently it restarts the computer and goes back to the post screen.
I ran GW Scan and fixed 10 or more errors on the hard drive.
I ran Micro Scope 2005 and did a board test and it said that the cpu fan had failed, but another tech said it may be because my software was for desktops and laptop fans dont always stay on. Thats as far as i have gotten. any help would be greatly appreciated. thank you.

BASSMASTER said:
Yea, go into your BIOS and check your cpu temp

Yeah, I believe there is a BIOS setting that sets the fan to run at all times. I'd check out your motherboards manufacturer to see if their are any known issues with fan failure. Do the same with your BIOS's official site.

I had a similar problem. It would flash the BSOD for half a second then restart on boot. It turned out that the problem was a driver conflict. If you can manage to get it to boot check your drivers.

Get an XP disk and run it like your going to load Windows. When it gives you the option to use the recovery console, choose that then run these 2 commands:

chkdsk /r - this will check the files on the disk and repair them if necessary

Once complete, use the "fixboot" command. This will fix the boot files.

Reboot the machine and POST back the results.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom