Computer rebooting after registry change! - Techist - Tech Forum

Go Back   Techist - Tech Forum > Computer Software > Microsoft Windows and Software
Click Here to Login
Closed Thread

Old 10-30-2005, 08:01 PM   #1 (permalink)
Newb Techie

Unhappy Computer rebooting after registry change!

Hello,

I have a problem with my system, my computer is rebooting by itself when I install something new, and when it reboots and I try to run the software I installed it reboots again, it happened with winamp and with a sony software for my CD player...

I do not know what could've caused this, but when I install it usually gets to the end of the installation, and then my spybot SD resident asks me if I want to allow the registry change, and when that finishes my computer reboots...I tried allowing the registry change and I also tried disallowing it, I don't know if it has something to do with the registry or not, but the problem is still there...

I ran my Norton antivirus 2005 and it didn't detect any virus...

Can anyone help me please?

Thank you

Old 10-30-2005, 08:12 PM   #2 (permalink)
Wizard Techie

restore your registry backup if you have one.

Vista Discussion | 64 Bit Discussion |Microsoft Homepage | Yo Linux | Paul Thurrott | Fire Fox | Thunder Bird | Image Shack | Photo Bucket | Put File | Anti-Spyware | MS Anti-Spyware | Trillian | Anti-Virus | On Line Virus Scan
Old 10-30-2005, 09:08 PM   #3 (permalink)
Techie Beyond Description

Send a message via ICQ to Osiris Send a message via AIM to Osiris Send a message via MSN to Osiris Send a message via Yahoo to Osiris

Run system restore or a repair
Old 10-31-2005, 01:05 PM   #4 (permalink)
Newb Techie

Default Still not working...

Hello,

I do not have a registry back-up...

And I tried the system restore to a date when there was no problem and the problem is persisting...

How can I do a repair plz...

And do you have any other ideas on how to fix this, because it is extremely annoying

Thank you
Old 10-31-2005, 01:19 PM   #5 (permalink)
Newb Techie

Default New problems!

Hello,

I don't know if these new problems are related to the rebooting, but I've been having new problems that I started noticing yesterday...

I was reading my email messages on Microsoft outlook, and one of the messages, that came from a secure source, started opening by itself and verytime I closed it, it opened again...Then I went to my mozilla firefox to do some research, and my window started minimizing by itself...

I think my computer is haunted lol
Old 11-11-2005, 01:04 PM   #6 (permalink)
Newb Techie

Default Computer still rebooting

Hello, my computer is still having problems, here is a relist of my problems...

It started around 2 weeks ago, every time I install a new software, when the installation finishes the computer reboots by itself, and when I try to start the software I installed, the software doesn't start but the computer reboots. Other problems have occured also, sometimes my internet minimizes by itself, and when I try to shut off my computer, I go on the start menu and go on turn off computer, then explorer makes an error and restarts explorer, this happens only the first time, the second time I go on turn off computer, then it turns off normally. I tried system restore to many dates where these problems weren't occuring and it didn't help, I don't want to format because I have A LOT of programs on my C drive...

So can anyone plz help me?

Thank you
Old 11-11-2005, 08:59 PM   #7 (permalink)
Techie Beyond Description

Send a message via ICQ to Osiris Send a message via AIM to Osiris Send a message via MSN to Osiris Send a message via Yahoo to Osiris

http://www.michaelstevenstech.com/XPrepairinstall.htm
Old 11-12-2005, 12:34 AM   #8 (permalink)
Newb Techie

Default I want to repair!

Hello,

Thank you for the last post about how to repair windows XP, I have one problem that I don't know how to fix, maybe u do

When I go and try to repair it, my windows HD doesn't appear in there, I have 2 HD on my computer, one is a RAID 160GB HD, the other is a 40GB HD. My RAID HD is partitioned into 2 partitions, one is 30GB which has the windows XP install, and the other is 130GB and is used for storing...When I go into windows install, it only detects my normal 40GB HD, doesn't recognize my RAID HD....Can you tell me how I can make it recognizable plz?

Thank you
Old 11-12-2005, 02:50 AM   #9 (permalink)
Ultra Techie

Are you running the windows disk in windows, or are you booting from it?
Old 11-12-2005, 12:09 PM   #10 (permalink)
Newb Techie

Default Booting from it!

Hello,

I am booting with the disc and not running with it through windows...

But I figured it out yesterday, I had to install the RAID drivers again, because it didn't recognize the RAID HD without the drivers...I already installed them when I installed my HD, but they weren't there anymore,...dno't know why...

Anyways, I made the repairs, and it didn't fix the reboot when I instal problem...So I probably have a virus or something like that...I think the best way to get rid of it is to format, but with the number of programs I have on my computers, it will take days to reinstall...

Thank you

Closed Thread