Computer randomly shutting off

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ansimax

Solid State Member
So I just had a friend give me his old computer. The only thing different about it are the hard drives are mine everything else were his. Every two hours or so the computer will just randomly shut off and it seems to happen every 2 hours at the same time. THe computers not over heating, the sides open and it's very cool inside. The only thing i could think of is my OS. It's a copy of windows 7 that isn't legit. I beta tested it and it's no longer current and it says I have an illegal copy so maybe that's it? Any help is appreciated.

Well you will need to reinstall the OS. Cant just plop a hard drive from one machine into another with Windows and expect it to work. The hardware profiles within Windows will be different and cause you problems.

Win7 RC was free and from what i know you can still get a serial for it. So it would be suggest to get legit. As we cant help you otherwise. As per our rules.

Edit : I got the key for windows 7, I'm just not sure how to use it to activate it.

Ah ahahahaha, I just read that since my windows copy isn't legit, my pc will shutdown every 2 hours!! Makes sense!

If you got the serial. Start>Right click on Computer>Properties. There you will see the option to activate Windows.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom